Route A : Unregistered or Unlicensed Products
Every consignment will go through 2 steps in order to be compliant with the import requirements of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
1. Product Certificate (Unregistered); PC(U)
The PC(U) is valid for only one shipment and it has a validity of 6 months from the date of the physical inspection. One PC(U) is issued per Product Group. The Product Groups are available in the Product List section. If you have goods pertaining to more than one Product Group, you must get a PC(U) for each Group. The PC(U) is a mandatory document for obtaining a SONCAP Certificate (SC) and it is also needed to pre-declare the import in Nigeria (opening of the Form M).
Requirements for a PC(U)
- Physical inspection of the shipment by Cotecna
- Sample testing: samples are drawn by Cotecna during the inspection of the shipment or under Cotecna supervision at the manufacturer’s premises as per applicable standards.
- Acceptance of Test Reports as long as they are issued by:
- An accredited ISO 17025 laboratory
- The manufacturer's laboratory if testing was witnessed by Cotecna
Cotecna will issue a PC(U), upon successful inspection and samples testing results.
2. SONCAP Certificate Issuance
The SONCAP Certificate (SC) is valid only for one particular shipment. It is a mandatory document for Customs clearance. In order to obtain a SC, you must:
- Complete and send the Request for Certification (RFC) form
- Have all the goods of the shipment covered by one or more valid Product Certificates.
- Have Cotecna complete the loading supervision of Full Container Loads (FCL)
- Have Cotecna seal the FCL container(s)
- Send final documents to Cotecna
Cotecna will deliver a SONCAP Certificate (SC) upon compliance with above requirements.
In the event of non-compliance with the testing and/or inspection requirements, Cotecna shall issue a Non Conformity Report (NCR).