03 April 2017
Life endangering products
Within the Federal Government, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Standard Organisation of Nigeria (SON) officially implemented a new procedure for certifying shipments that concerns Product (PC) and SONCAP Certificates regarding certain goods categorised as “Life Endangering Products”. The procedure, which came into effect on Thursday 30th March 2017, contains a list of 31 products that you can find below.
According to this new regulation, shipments consisting of items with a specific H.S. Code can only be certified by SONCAP if they have a valid PC issued through either Route A – which is a PC(U) for Unregistered Products- and Route C – i.e. a PC(L) for Licensed Products.
Product Certificate – Unregistered products (Route A)
Each shipment in this route has to be inspected through a witnessing of Full Container Loads (FCLs) stuffing & sealing procedure. Upon compliance, the emitted certificate is valid for 6 months.
Product Certificate – Licensed products (Route C)
This certificate is issued only to Manufacturers and it is valid for 1 year. The inspection of this product category is carried out once every 6 months.
The below list will be periodically updated by SON.
LIST OF LIFE ENDANGERING PRODUCTS WITH THE RELATED HS CODE
- Automobile Glass 70071, 700721
- Batteries 8506 - 8507
- Brake Fluids 27101932-33, 3819, 38255
- Brake Pads 6813, 85052, 86072, 87083, 8714
- Cement 2523
- Cigarettes 2401-2403, 9613 - 9614
- Converters, Chargers etc. 8504
- Electrical Cables 8544
- Electrical Fuses 8535 - 8539
- Electrical Parts 7614, 7616991, 90309
- Electrical switches 73023, 85365, 864721
- Fertilizer 3101 - 3104
- Gas Regulator 903289
- Gypsum 2520
- Heaters 8516, 84191
- Helmets/Safety Headgear 6506
- Lightening Arrestors 85462
- Lubricating Preparation 340319, 340399, 381129,38119, 381119
- Matches 36050
- Paints 3208 - 3210002000
- Razor 3212
- Safety Belts 87082
- Safety Glasses 70071-7008
- Sanitary Pads 9619
- Solar Panels 841919, 85414
- Stabilizer 85321
- Steel Bars 7207 - 7228
- Steel Roofing Sheets 7038909
- Storage Vessels (LPG Cylinders, etc.) 3606, 7311, 76130
- Telephone 85171
- Tyres 4011
These items cannot be issued under ROUTE B – REGISTERED PRODUCTS.
If you need any further information or help with your export process to Nigeria, don't hesitate to contact us.
Back to News