03 October 2016
Requirements before opening an E-Form M
Before an importer can open an E-Form M, the following procedures must be completed:
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration of the Company in Nigeria
Anyone who intends to import into Nigeria should primarily rely on a client based in Nigeria who has a legitimately registered company and has thereby obtained a certificate of incorporation.
- Registration with the Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS)
The registered company must be also registered with FIRS for tax related issues.
- Up-to-date Tax Payment and Tax Identification Number (TIN Number)
Importers have to prove they are up-to-date in terms of tax payments. If so, a TIN number is issued for the raising of the Form M.
- Valid e-mail address tagged to the TIN number
A valid e-mail address must be linked to the TIN number for correspondence purposes.
- Choose an Authorized Dealer Bank
This is the bank that will process the E-Form M, as well as initiate clearance by processing the Post Arrival Assessment Report (PAAR).
If you want to learn more or obtain assistance, please contact us.
Back to News