16 January 2017
Five tips for a smoother Verification of Conformity (VOC) procedure
Quality protection is what drives Verification of Conformity (VOC). The Verification of Conformity service involves checking the conformity of goods according to national standards. A buyer wants to make sure that the products he purchases or that are delivered to him have the same quality he has negotiated and paid for.
There are five steps every importer/exporter should follow regarding VOC:
- Make sure that the items intended for import are not prohibited by the country of destination.
- Ensure the Manufacturer has the required ISO certificates for his products.
- Documentation is vital to quality assessment. Remember to make sure that the test reports for the item are available.
- Perform a periodical check at the manufacturer’s premises to ensure the implementation of a consistent manufacturing process.
- Cotecna can help you check that import/export items meet the required quality and safety standards of the importing country.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Back to News