An E-Form M is a mandatory documentation process put in place by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF) and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), to monitor goods that are imported into the country as well as enable collection of import duties where applicable.
The guidelines say, “Any person intending to import physical goods into Nigeria shall in the first instance process the E-Form M through any Authorized Dealer Bank irrespective of the value and whether or not payment is involved.”
The initial validity of an approved E-Form M is 180 days and can be extended for another 180 days by the Authorized Dealer Bank.
Requirements for opening an E-Form M
To open an E-Form M the importer requires the following:
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration of the company in Nigeria
- Registration with Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS).
- Up-to-date Tax Payment and hence a Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- Valid e-mail address tagged to Tax Identification Number.
- Authorized Dealer Bank to process the E-Form M and initiate clearance of the Pre-Arrival Assessment Report (PAAR)
Once you have fulfilled the requirements above, please click here to learn more about how to obtain an E-Form M.
For any questions, or for help in obtaining an E-Form M, please don't hesitate to contact us