Importation of used items in Nigeria

  • 11/13/2015

In an attempt to ensure that Nigeria is not made a dumping ground for used items, The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has decided to put in place regulations for all used items entering the country.

Once your used items are approved, the National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA) will issue a Certificate required for opening a Form M and the issuance of PAAR on USED ITEMS.

To avoid delays in processing Forms M for USED ITEMS, the importers are advised to visit any of the Agency's (NESREA) offices with the following documents:

  • the Certificate of Incorporation
  • Proforma Invoice (PFI)

These are required to obtain the NESREA Certificate which will clearly state the items of import.

It is to be noted that “Used Items” are regulated under NESREA, except Used Vehicles which are regulated under SONCAP. Consequently, for acceptance of the Form M and issuance of PAAR for used items, importers are advised to obtain the applicable regulatory documents from the relevant government agencies beforehand.

If you would need any additional information concerning this new regulation please feel free to contact us.

Back to News