The Pre-Arrival Assessment Report (PAAR) system is an online application designed and used by the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) for the generation of the PAAR.
The PAAR process:
1. The NCS receives the e-Form M with other necessary pre-import documents from the Authorized Dealer Bank and carries out preliminary preview using the information provided.
2. The e-Form M where accepted is registered on the system by the NCS.
3. Final import documents are sent by the Authorized Dealer Bank to the NCS. The documents referred to are:
- The final invoice
- CCVO (Combined Certificate of Value and Origin). Please click here for a copy.
- Transport Document (Bill of Lading/Airway Bill/Roadway Bill)
- Packing List
4. The NCS generates the PAAR.
5. The PAAR, the Final Invoice, the Bill of Lading (with other final documents) in addition to the regulatory documents, e.g. the SONCAP Certificate (where the item is SON regulated), are used in the clearance of goods at any Nigerian port.
The PAAR is complemented by the classification in the Nigeria Trade Hub available to traders for classification.
For more information on how to get a PAAR please contact us.