Nigerian Banks act as a middleman between the importer and the Nigeria Customs Services (NCS), and play a key role in the conformity assessment process.
The import guidelines clearly state that: “Any person intending to import physical goods into Nigeria shall in the first instance process the e-Form M through any Authorized Dealer Bank (ADB) irrespective of the value and whether or not payment is involved.”
Below is a list of Authorized Dealer Banks:
Responsibilities of Authorized Dealers
- Obtain the e-Form M and supporting documents from the importer
- Vet the correctness and genuineness of the documents
- Endorse all import documents submitted to NCS
- Generate Pre-Arrival Assessment Report (PAAR) for duty payment
- Bring the provisions of these guidelines to the attention of the importers for their compliance
To learn more about the Verification of Conformity process or obtain assistance, please contact us.