Discover which products are regulated under the SON Conformity Assessment Programme and which are exempted from certification.
All products, other than those specifically exempted in the list below, are regulated under the SONCAP programme. Products exempt from the SONCAP programme include the following:
- Food products
- Drugs (Medicines)
- Chemicals used as raw material by bonafide manufacturers
- Military wares & equipment
- Goods classified as contraband by the Federal Government of Nigeria
- Used products other than automobiles
- Machinery or related spare parts for bona fide manufacturers who intend to use this for their own manufacturing purposes are advised to apply to the SON for SONCAP import permit
For detailed information on the regulatory status of products, please contact us.